2.10.2009

The Reign of the Bike

As I accomplished nothing towards getting my Sears fixed, nor had time to ride tonight, I thought I would share this neat old article that I found in my random searching today. Make sure you click the "Next Page" link at the top to be able to read the end of the article as well.


http://cdl.library.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/moa/pageviewer?root=%2Fmoa%2Fcent%2Fcent0049%2F&tif=00314.TIF&cite=&coll=moa&frames=1&view=75


I love that the article calls the bicycle "the great leveler." Maybe we will one day be able to use bicycles for political persuasion. Maybe it will one day become a "necessity of life" to our country again! Here's hoping...

1 comment:

  1. What a great find! Such optimism for the future of bicycles, yet look where we are 100 yrs later - blast that Henry Ford!
    I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for news on the Sears - what went wrong? can it be fixed? is this the end of the line??

    ReplyDelete